The congregation is directly involved in a number of outreach ministries and supports other community outreach with volunteers and meeting space.
- The Outreach Ministry Team recruits teams of 8 volunteers to serve meals at the Rescue Mission in downtown Syracuse. They are presently scheduled to serve on Sunday September 21 3:30- 5:30, Saturday October 25 3:30-5:30, and Sunday November 16 3:30-5:30. Kelly Carwell coordinates the teams and can be reached through the Church Office at 635-6442.
- The Baldwinsville Community Food began in 1978 and presently operates five days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. During the month of August 2014 it fulfilled requests for 163 families or 502 individuals. Once a month individuals and families from within the area of the Baldwinsville Central School District are eligible to receive food for three meals a day for three days. This calculates out to approximately 4,518 individual meals that month. The Pantry outreach relies solely on gracious volunteers to staff the pantry, replenish selves and donate funds and food for distribution.
- Bread Ministry: Between the Sunday morning worship services (10:00 -10:45) day old bread, provided by Panera Breads, is available to anyone within the community. Donations are distributed through our “Hands on Mission Fund” to mission and outreach programs in our community and surrounding areas. Recently these funds have support mission teams that travel to areas ravaged by floods to help clean out and rebuild homes, scholarship for local youth to attend summer camp, and underwrite the free monthly Community Dinners.
- A Community Dinner is offered free of charge to anyone from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month
- The area Crop Walk is held the first Sunday afternoon of October. Volunteer “walkers” traverse a trail at Onondaga Lake Park to raise funds through pledge made my family members and friends. The funds raised are used to provide food to persons in need, one half of money raised is given to the Baldwinsville Community Food Pantry.
- An Alzheimer’s Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month.
- Various groups associated with Alcoholics Anonymous meet weekly.
- A variety of age level Girl Scout and Boy Scout groups meet weekly.
- Family Ministry activities for the community: A variety of activities for families are coordinated through our Kevin McAllister, our Director Christian Activities and Family Ministry. The main page of the website has information on pending events as well as does the Church Calendar.