Our Mission Statement
The First United Methodist Church of Baldwinsville is centrally located in the heart of the village center on the corner of West Genesee and Charlotte Streets. (click here for an interactive google map)
The main building was constructed at this location in 1869, and on the day of its dedication the congregation pledged enough funds to pay the entire cost of the new church.
Several renovations and modifications have been made since the original construction of the current sanctuary, kitchen and dining area. The Chapel addition was constructed in 1953, and is still in use today. The addition included a church school, and in 1957 twelve more classrooms were built to meet the growing needs of the active church.
The adjacent property was acquired in 1962; and a former home on the property named The Lockwood Building was used for 20 years as Sunday School rooms, then in 1982 became church offices and a meeting room.
In 1996 a new addition was dedicated which houses the church offices, a library, nursery and toddler rooms, classrooms, meeting rooms, music rooms, and an expanded dining & gathering hall along with an elevator providing access to all levels. As part of the expansion, the education wing and The Lockwood Building were removed and the parking lot was expanded.
Today the church continues to flourish as a place of worship, fostering Christian fellowship as well as being a vital resource and asset to the community.